Thursday, February 24, 2011

Just We 3 CSA - Feb 23, 2010













































I found the following at Summertomato.com I thought it was entertaining enough to post.  Definitely food for thought.

The last basket of the winter season will be next week.  We've just had so much rain that there's barely enough to pick!

I'm practically out of everything.  Believe it or not even potatoes.  We harvested a little less than 500 lbs last year.  I distributed potatoes almost every week. 
 
Here's the avocado planted.  Note the trellis around.  Although those are fruit trees blooming behind it, the forecast is for snow tonight.

Black Tail to the Left, White Tail to the Right

One avocado surrounded by trellis



I've wrapped the avocado in a silk cocoon....leftover agribon from last season.  The danger to the Agribon is not the wind or snow, but the cats!  Ever since I wrapped the avocado, they've been playing Scheherazade (Shahrazad) in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment